Sunday, January 30, 2011

When All Else Fails

When I was a child growing up my father once told me “Virginia, why won’t you just give it up? You won’t be able to set that fire with all that wet grass underneath!” and I replied “Dad I won’t stop until I get this done” I got it done, but it took me 6 hours to finally get it finished.

 

My life has always been about striving hard to finish everything I start. I cannot recall anything that I started that remained undone. By God’s grace, I am blessed with all the resources I need to finish all my plans and to achieve them no matter what.

Probably, this kind of attitude helped me get through law school, and a working student at that. However, I now know that I cannot rely upon my own strength alone. I needed God for guidance and determination to move on when things get rough.

My simple formula in life when it gets difficult, when all else fails: Pray. Trust God. Have Faith. It never fails….works all the time.

Life for me has been tough, but I am blessed to have a God larger than any of my concerns. Though it seems difficult at times, He gives me the necessary means to face problems, and a strong heart to conquer adversities.

When all else fails, turn to God. He is there for you 24/7.

No comments: