Saturday, January 29, 2011

RAIN

Droplets of rain keep tapping through the window pane. While I serve as a witness to the weather phenomenon we all know as storm (or typhoon), rain reminds me of lot of things in life.

Water. Blessing. Floods. Cold. Life. Tears.

I love the rain. During my younger days, I run and play in the rain living a carefree life. I laugh as if there’s no tomorrow. I splash the rainwaters with my feet with glee and happiness, as if I own the world.

As I grew older, I realized that too much rain can cause colds, floods in some parts of Manila and cause people to troop to the malls making it a very crowded haven for those seeking shelter….

Rain can both be a blessing, or a curse. Better yet, a blessing in disguise.

Rain gives life to fields rendered withered by drought, yet it can destroy crops when it rains too hard.

Rain, my solitude when life seems to drag me down. It keeps me still, it refreshes my thoughts and it reminds me of the word “relax”, “take it easy” and “rest”. Rain reminds me of God’s wonderful creation.

Rain also reminds me that what goes up must come down, and that life is a never-ending cycle.

Every drop of rain is a reminder that we, as God’s children are mere specks in this universe that He created. 

We would land where we are intended to land, and that is what we call our calling in life.

Like the rain, we could serve as a life-giving force to withered crops, dying plants or serve as refreshments for thirsty animals.

At times, we are filtered to become “drinkable”. Like the rain, we all go through “processes” to become valuable.

Rain-the most flexible of all God’s creation. It can go places, it can go mingle with almost anything, and best of all it gives life. That is the way I want to become, for my family and my loves ones. God bless the rain! My ever lasting solitude in loneliness….

No comments: