Saturday, January 29, 2011

A letter to my unborn child

Dear Baby,

As you grow inside me my excitement exalts. Each day that passes is a bliss for the two of us. For the first time in my life, I do not need to feel that I am alone because at last you are with me.

I have nothing much to offer you. We do not belong to a very rich clan who owns very large tracts of land and runs multi-million peso worth of businesses.

All I can give you are these: my heart, my body, and my entire life.

As long as God breathes life into me, I will be there to love and protect you no matter what. Though I am yet to see you, I already love you. In fact, I have loved you long before I met your father.

I will provide you your needs. You will be my inspiration to become a better person. I am inspired to work harder because of you. If ever I will take the bar exams again, I know it will not be a burden because I am not only taking it for my own glory but because I want you to be proud of me someday if ever I will make it.

My baby, God has been very good to us. Before you were conceived he made sure that I was a “complete person” capable of providing you with the love and care you deserve. He provided us with the things we will need as we surf along the waves of life.

Your daddy is very excited to see you. He is always away hoping that his sacrifice will give us both a better future. That is why I love him very much, and I know he is not only a good husband but he will be a good father to you as well…

I will impart to you education and discipline because life is not that easy my dear child. In due time, I will teach you how to be strong to face life in general. I will give you what you will need to shield you from the “cruelties” of life.

I know that in due time you will have your own battles to fight. But I will always be there to support you no matter what. This I promise you…

Most of all my dear baby, we will both worship God and honor Him with the may blessings He has bestowed upon us. Though hard times will come from time to time, we will not feel defeated because He will always be our GOD.

I will see you in the next five months…I love you very much….

Loving you always,

Mama Virginia

No comments: