Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coping with frustrations…

IF there is one thing in life that I have learned, is that you would never get everything that you want.

People will disappoint you, turn their backs on you and not deliver their promises made to you.

A thousand and one times I have felt betrayed, stepped on, double-crossed. However, I have never allowed such feelings overwhelm me.

My rebellious side would always scream out, fight back and put people in their rightful place. But through the years I have mellowed, softened, and become more restrained.

It’s not about me anymore. I have a family to prioritize right now.

I live with the comfort that there is someone who would never leave me whenever I face life’s challenges.

GOD.

He has been with me all the days of life, and He will be with me in my remaining days as well.

Though others turn their backs on me, He will not.

That is why I will not let little things put me down, instead I will use it as stepping stones.

No comments: