Monday, April 04, 2011

SWEET INTOXICATION

I have been gulping down alcohol for sometime now, and sometimes even beyond my limit. But in my years of relentless drinking spree I have never experienced sweet intoxication, so to speak.

What do I drink to this time? Promotion. Trying to forget. Celebration. Trying to remember. You name it and I have done it all. But sweet intoxication? Does it really exist?

Since I have encountered that term here in cyberspace I cannot get it out of my system. Yesterday I drank a bottle of white wine and still I was still struggling to sleep. The thoughts of sweet intoxication still linger in my head.

There are times that we get high by the mere challenges that life throws our way. Yet it is in doing what is wrong that really makes me feel right at times. Me, the rebel woman who wants to conquer the world yet would like to keep her sanity intact.

Sweet intoxication? Hmmm….let me try defining the word. Perhaps it is doing what is frowned upon by society yet gives you deep happiness and satisfaction. As my friend would say. it is society’s impositions that really brings us to an all time low.

I have always played by the rules and got hurt at times. sacrifices have been made because of “societal impositions”. I was thinking, maybe it is about that time in my life where I searched for my sweet intoxication. It does not make sense at the moment, but the thought of violating every rule possible really gives me excitement.

The question is, will I suffer from a lifelong hang-over or not?

I hate rules. I always did, and I would even define myself as amoral, apolitical but not asexual (hahahaha!). Kidding aside though, what if I just went outside my house  and took off all of my clothes just because I wanted to? Or violate traffic rules for a change? Or in the matters of the heart do not love at all?

Here I am blabbering away, but would the hang-over would make the risk worth the trouble or not?
CONSEQUENCES. Sound like the voice echoing from the underworld. Creepy right? But I post this straighforward categorical question:

Dare to be my sweet intoxication? Welcome to my world. Whirlwind yet fun. A roller coaster ride yet magical.  Filled with pain yet gratifying.

This is my life and I love it.  It is just now that I realized I am not looking for my own sweet intoxication, because I can be somebody elses.

I am intoxicated yet I am sweet. Like the wine, I taste better when I age hahahaha!

Got to go and grab myself my fave ice cold beer and hopefully find the meaning to sweet intoxication.

No comments: