Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day-Off


Decided to write this piece of crap, violating my self-imposed day-off and wasting my time in front of this stupid computer. But I couldn't help it, I really love writing especially when random thoughts pour into my mind.

Today passed with me bringing Cindy to her pedia for her Prevenar booster shot. Just went home after that, plugged in my magic sing and tried to annoy my neighbors with my golden voice (ehem). Ate my dinner, brought Cindy outside with her ninang Ana and had a little chat. A serious chat since I look at her like my eldest sister while I am here in God-forsaken Primarosa.

Now I just decided to write something about day-offs. When was the last time I had one?

Sure, when I was still working the normal day-off would be Saturdays and Sundays except when I worked in the call center as a web content writer and had to take Wednesday off. But I am talking about day-off from life.

I am not talking about life after death either. I'm talking about taking a break from life's pressures. Sure, I go to starbucks, bring my laptop, surf the net and order my favorite concoction: tall caramel macchiatto. I chat with friends and gossip all day long. When I am bored I grab a copy of the latest novel at National Bookstore and try to idle the time away. But this is not the type of day-off I was talking about.

People around me would tell me that problems add spice to life. But too much spice can be deadly. My life never became the same again after I turned 20. It went from worst, to better then to worst again. Problems keep pouring in and out of my life non-stop. Those who are older than me would say that as long as I am living problems would always be there.

But does it have to be that way?

Problems become problems only if you treat it like one. True, but not quite. There are things in this life that you simply cannot ignore. You cannot ignore family ties. Without them you are nothing, and as the saying goes blood is thicker than water. However, blood ties should never be an excuse to do something wrong and drag your family into it. NO! NO! NO! and a BIG NO!

Now that I have grown up and have a family of my own, I have realized so many things in my life. Family comes first. That is a fact...but only if they are being reasonable. So for now, I am stepping back from my family and that of my husband's family problems. I cannot be the defender of the universe for crying out loud!

Day-off? Sounds good. Now I am trying to have interest in the things that I have neglected when I got married. I am into writing again, ballroom dancing and kickboxing! Of course, I am also renovating my house (only minor ones)

Day-off? Sounds great. But knowing my restless soul and my flighty spirit, how could I take a break? If only I could do everything at once I would. Pero nakakapagod din pala. At some point in our life, we would feel a burn-out. So, I am taking a break. I think I deserve that and people around me should cut me some slack and get off my back.

No comments: